Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iowa to Sioux Falls, South Dakota





We left Iowa, back in one car- Thank Goodness! It took us through Minnesota and past The Jolly Green Giant. The Jolly Green Giant was 60 feet tall. Not too much to say about this drive. We both took turns napping.

The highlight of the trip to me was that I bought a purse at a truck stop. Yes, another weird moment for me to be sure, but I walked into this truck stop to get a post card and there on the shelf, covered in dust was a great purse. I think it was a Brighton, or as close to it as I could get without the Brighton name. Black and brown and all cownboy with silver on it, etc. I took it up to the counter and the guy said my bill was 67 cents- the cost of the postcards. I told him I also wanted the purse. He said, "We sell those?". I showed him the price tag which was already good since it had been marked down, and he gave it to me for half that. I think I did good, sine Ron's grocery bad of Ice and some snack food cost more. But it has since been referred to as "My truck Stop Purse", so maybe it wasn't such a good buy after all.

1 comment: